My son and I collaborated in the kitchen one day to put our own unique twist on classic baby back ribs. We added a sweet peachy glaze and a little heat with chipotle peppers. It was a great bonding experience, and now we have a keeper recipe for fall-off-the-bone ribs. —Rebecca Suaso, Weaverville, North Carolina
Featured In: 35 Easter Dinners That Aren’t a Big Hunk of Ham
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 pounds pork baby back ribs (about 3 racks)
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large sweet onions, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 finely chopped chipotle peppers in adobo sauce plus 2 tablespoons sauce
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 4 teaspoons ground mustard
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, pepper and cayenne. If necessary, remove the thin membrane from back ribs; discard membrane. Rub brown sugar mixture over ribs. Transfer to large roasting pans. Add 1 in. hot water. Bake, covered, 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until ribs are tender.
- Meanwhile, place peaches in a blender; cover and process until smooth. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 12-15 minutes or until tender. Add brown sugar, chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, vinegar, mustard and peach puree; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Drain ribs. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill ribs, pork side down, covered, over medium heat 5-7 minutes or until browned. Turn ribs; brush with 2 cups sauce. Cook 5-7 minutes longer or until sauce is thickened. Serve with remaining sauce. Yield: 8 servings (2 cups sauce).
Originally published as Peach-Chipotle Baby Back Ribs in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2016, p223
Reviews for Peach-Chipotle Baby Back Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review