Peach Chimmies Recipe
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) diced peaches, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping, confectioners' sugar or additional peaches, optional
- 1. Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Combine peaches and cinnamon; spoon down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chimmies for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- 3. Garnish with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel topping, dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 225 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Chimmies
"These things are fantastic! I used blueberry pie filling instead of peaches, and I used 10" flour tortillas because thats what I had on hand. Deep fried in Canola oil for about 1 minute per side, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream... WOW!! Ice cream is optional, they would be great without it too."