“I developed these treats for our town’s peach festival,” writes Karolyn Czyz from Lewiston, New York. “They’re timely, easy and very tasty. As a variation, try pie filling instead of the peaches.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) diced peaches, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping, confectioners' sugar or additional peaches, optional
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Combine peaches and cinnamon;
- spoon down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over
- filling and roll up.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to
- 375°. Fry chimmies for 1 minute on each side or until golden
- brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel topping, dust with
- confectioners' sugar or serve with additional peaches if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 225 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.