“I developed these treats for our town’s peach festival,” writes Karolyn Czyz from Lewiston, New York. “They’re timely, easy and very tasty. As a variation, try pie filling instead of the peaches.”
- 2 flour tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 snack-size cup (4 ounces) diced peaches, drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Oil for frying
- Whipped cream, caramel ice cream topping, confectioners' sugar or additional peaches, optional
- Spread tortillas with cream cheese. Combine peaches and cinnamon; spoon down the center of each tortilla. Fold sides and ends over filling and roll up.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry chimmies for 1 minute on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm.
- Garnish with whipped cream, drizzle with caramel topping, dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Peach Chimmies in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p56
Reviews for Peach Chimmies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review