Peach Chicken Recipe
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in extra-light syrup
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 1 tablespoon white wine or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Hot cooked pasta
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Add preserves and wine; set aside.
- 2. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add chicken, one piece at a time, and shake to coat. In a large skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Remove and keep warm.
- 3. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and peaches; heat through. Sprinkle with onions; serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (calculated without pasta) equals 359 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 278 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.