Peach Chicken with Stuffing
Tender chicken breasts are simmered with brown sugar, cider vinegar and a hint of allspice, then dressed up with packaged stuffing mix and convenient canned peaches.—Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside eight peach slices for
- garnish; dice the remaining peaches. Add enough water to the syrup
- to measure 1 cup. Set peaches and syrup aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side
- or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add the butter, brown
- sugar, vinegar, allspice and reserved syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add dry
- stuffing mix and diced peaches. Remove from the heat; cover and let
- stand for 5 minutes. Serve with peach slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 407 calories, 15 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 54 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.