Peach Chicken with Stuffing Recipe
Tender chicken breasts are simmered with brown sugar, cider vinegar and a hint of allspice, then dressed up with packaged stuffing mix and convenient canned peaches.—Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside eight peach slices for garnish; dice the remaining peaches. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 1 cup. Set peaches and syrup aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add the butter, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and reserved syrup.
- 3. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add dry stuffing mix and diced peaches. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with peach slices. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 407 calories, 15g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 856mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein
Reviews for Peach Chicken with Stuffing
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC