Tender chicken breasts are simmered with brown sugar, cider vinegar and a hint of allspice, then dressed up with packaged stuffing mix and convenient canned peaches.—Theresa Stewart, New Oxford, Pennsylvania
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 package (6 ounces) chicken stuffing mix
- Drain peaches, reserving syrup. Set aside eight peach slices for garnish; dice the remaining peaches. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 1 cup. Set peaches and syrup aside.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Add the butter, brown sugar, vinegar, allspice and reserved syrup.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add dry stuffing mix and diced peaches. Remove from the heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Serve with peach slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Chicken with Peach Stuffing in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p14
Reviews for Peach Chicken with Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 16, 2010
"i want to review how to cook chicken with peach stuffing"