This salad recipe from Priscilla Gilbert of Indian Harbour Beach, Florida is perfect for a summer luncheon and a great way to use up leftover chicken and fresh mint from your garden. "It also tastes just as good made with nectarines," notes Priscilla.
- 3 medium peaches, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- MINT VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 lettuce leaves
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, chicken, cucumber and onion; set aside. In a blender, combine the vinegar, lemon juice, sugar, mint, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. Drizzle over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Use a slotted spoon to serve on lettuce-lined plates. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach Chicken Salad in Country Woman July/August 2005, p42
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Peach Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review