Peach Cherry Dumplings Recipe
This fruity finale can be made on the stovetop or in an electric skillet right at the dinner table. There's no more convenient way to enjoy a delicious dessert.
- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 egg
- Skim milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Additional cinnamon, optional
- 8 tablespoons nonfat whipped topping
- 1. In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup.
- 2. Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit.
- 3. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until dumplings test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 178 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 starch, 1-1/2 fruit
Reviews for Peach Cherry Dumplings
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC