- 1 can (20 ounces) reduced-sugar cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 can (15 ounces) sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 egg
- Skim milk
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat biscuit/baking mix
- Additional cinnamon, optional
- 8 tablespoons nonfat whipped topping
- In a 10-in. skillet, combine the first five ingredients. Add peaches; bring to a boil. Place egg in a 1-cup measuring cup; add enough milk to equal 1/2 cup.
- Place biscuit mix in a bowl; stir in milk mixture with a fork just until moistened. Drop by six spoonfuls over top of boiling fruit.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes; cover and simmer 10 minutes longer or until dumplings test done. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired. Serve warm with whipped topping. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cherry-Peach Dumplings in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 2000, p288
Reviews for Peach Cherry Dumplings
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Cherry Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Dumplings Side Dish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >