"I first tried this recipe to serve at my grandparents' 50th anniversary celebration—it was a wonderful way to top off an already delicious event," recalls Jenni Anderson of Bullhead City, Arizona. "Everyone really appreciated the homemade treat."
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped or 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in 1-1/4 cups sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Add to cooled milk mixture. Stir in peach nectar and lemon juice. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Set aside, stirring several times. Drain and discard juice from peaches. Add some of the peaches to each batch of ice cream during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture and peaches until ready to freeze. Transfer ice cream to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Peach Cheesecake Ice Cream in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Cheesecake Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review