"I first tried this recipe to serve at my grandparents' 50th anniversary celebration—it was a wonderful way to top off an already delicious event," recalls Jenni Anderson of Bullhead City, Arizona. "Everyone really appreciated the homemade treat."
- 1 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup peach nectar
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 medium peaches, peeled and chopped or 1-1/2 cups frozen sliced peaches, chopped
- In a small saucepan, heat milk to 175°; stir in 1-1/4 cups sugar until dissolved. Whisk a small amount into the egg yolks. Return all to the pan, whisking constantly. Cook and stir over low heat until mixture reaches at least 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- Remove from the heat. Cool quickly by placing pan in a bowl of ice water; stir for 2 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In a blender, combine the cream, vanilla and cream cheese; cover and process until smooth. Add to cooled milk mixture. Stir in peach nectar and lemon juice. Refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer two-thirds full; freeze according to manufacturer's directions. Place peaches in a bowl; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Set aside, stirring several times. Drain and discard juice from peaches. Add some of the peaches to each batch of ice cream during the last 5 minutes of freezing.
- Refrigerate remaining mixture and peaches until ready to freeze. Transfer ice cream to a freezer container; freeze for 2-4 hours before serving. May be frozen for up to 2 months. Yield: 2 quarts.
Originally published as Peach Cheesecake Ice Cream in Taste of Home February/March 2007, p21
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Cheesecake Ice Cream
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 12, 2015
"It was easy to make my family and friend love it !!! I add some pecans to it toasted with brown sugar so good , big thumb up on this one."