Peach Cake Recipe
I first tasted this cake about 15 years ago when a dear aunt brought it to a family reunion. I knew I had to have the recipe...and I was thrilled to discover how easy it is to make.—Donna Britsch, Tega Cay, South Carolina
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1. In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add sour cream until smooth. Set aside 6-8 peach slices for garnish. Cut remaining peaches into 1-in. pieces; stir into the sour cream mixture. Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread with whipped topping; top with reserved peaches. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC