Peach Cake Dessert Recipe
You can name just about any fruit (except citrus), and it's grown here in northwestern Pennsylvania. This dessert is very good served with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- 3. Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 396 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 77 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC