Peach Cake Dessert Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cake Dessert(4)
Sort By :
Although this was fairly easy to make it was just too sweet for my taste. Perhaps I didn't have enough peaches for the amount of sugar called for in the recipe. The batter was extreamly thick and difficult to spread. I'm afraid this one was not a keeper.
This recipe miserably failed. The peach filling was delicious, but the cake batter was so thick and did not bake well. I ended up baking this an extra 15 minutes, but still no good. Also, the filling ran over the top. I will not make this again.
Very good and easy! I added cinnamon sugar to the top before baking and served with vanilla ice cream. Yum!
This was the easiest dessert to make and it was a little to sweet but delicious.