You can name just about any fruit (except citrus), and it's grown here in northwestern Pennsylvania. This dessert is very good served with whipped cream or ice cream.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 to 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 5 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon. Add peaches; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto peaches; spread evenly. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peach Cake Dessert in Country Extra July 2000, p49
Reviews for Peach Cake Dessert
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review