- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add sour cream until smooth. Set aside 6-8 peach slices for garnish. Cut remaining peaches into 1-in. pieces; stir into the sour cream mixture. Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread with whipped topping; top with reserved peaches. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cake
"I've been making this cake since 1998, everyone loves it. When I'm in a hurry, I skip the whipped cream and some of the family like it better this way. Whenever I take this cake to a potluck, I'm always asked for the recipe. I have made it as written but usually I use 1 cup sour cream/1 cup cottage cheese, I chop all the peaches and add them to the cream mixture (don't save any for garnish)."
"I would not call this a "cake". The bottom becomes more crispy and dry and the filling is more custard like. It was not something my family enjoyed. I will not be making this again."
"I have been making this for years now since I found it in my first FREE issue of Taste Of Home. I think this is the reason I started subscribing to the magazine. I have request all the time to make this for birthdays, or any special occasion, of just because someone wants one. Hint: I buy the diced peach cups, they are the perfect size to use in the cake without having to cut the peaches!! GREAT RECIPE. Thanks"
"I had missplaced my recipe for this... I am so glad to have found it again on Taste of Home!"