- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (29 ounces) sliced peaches, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, cut butter into cake mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Pat into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- In another bowl, beat egg yolks; add sour cream until smooth. Set aside 6-8 peach slices for garnish. Cut remaining peaches into 1-in. pieces; stir into the sour cream mixture. Spread over crust; sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Spread with whipped topping; top with reserved peaches. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Peach Cake
Sort By :
I too would not call this a cake. The crust is more like a pie crust(or buttery shortbread). However,my family LOVED it and wants it again!!
I would not call this a "Cake". The bottom becomes more crispy and dry and the filling is more custard like. It was not something my family enjoyed. I will not be making this again.
I first discovered this easy cake in Quick Cooking 1998. It looked so easy, so I tried it. It was a big hit at the family reunion and at home! This is a fabulous recipe and my kids love to help make it!!
This cake was far too sweet. I made it for a dinner party and no one liked it. It might be better if made with a sugar cookie base and topped with real whipped cream instead of cool whip. Kirsten
I have been making this for years now since I found it in my first FREE issue of Taste Of Home. I think this is the reason I started subscribing to the magazine. I have request all the time to make this for birthdays, or any special occasion, of just because someone wants one. Hint: I buy the diced peach cups, they are the perfect size to use in the cake without having to cut the peaches!! GREAT RECIPE. Thanks
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Coffee Cake Bread Recipes >
- Coffee Cake Recipes >
- Coffee Cake with Sour Cream >
- Coffee Cakes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >