- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon 2% milk
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cinnamon and allspice. Add peaches and blueberries; toss to coat.
- Preheat oven to 400°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate. Add filling; dot with butter.
- Roll remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with milk; sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Peach Blueberry Pie
"this has become our favorite pie of ALL !!"
"Like another reviewer, I make a pie with peaches and blackberries. The flavors and texture blend well together."
"This pie was devoured in one sitting, it was so good! The only thing I changed was I used fresh blackberries from the backyard instead of blueberries. I'm already being bugged to make another pie, lol."
"I made this pie for a luncheon with friends and the hands down review was that this was the best pie ever! A couple of small changes: reduced the sugar to 3/4 c, substituted 1/8 tsp nutmeg for the allspice, omitted the 1 T of butter. Using in-season fruit really intensifies the great flavor."
"I made this pie for my sweetheart's birthday and it was delicious! I only omitted the allspice. I used fresh Georgia peaches I had gotten at a farmer's market and fresh wild blueberries I picked myself."
"Holy Moly! I'm in heaven. I may be biased because peaches are my favorite fruit ever, but this pie is dynamite! I picked fresh blueberries at the orchard today and made an all butter pastry crust. Perfection!"
"I made this pie today and it was delicious! The combination of peaches and blueberries was very good. I added 2 extra tablespoons of flour since my peaches were very ripe and juicy and it came out perfect - not runny at all. I would definitely make this recipe again."
"This was so delicious! I didn't bother with fresh peaches though, I just used canned, but it was still fantastic!"
"Finally a peach pie that turns out great! I am always looking for recipes that will allow me to use my frozen peaches. I just drained them well and there was no soggy crust. The flavor was terrific too. My hubby loved it."
"I LOVED it! The only thing I suggest to add in it is cornstarch; the filling is extremely runny so cornstarch should thicken it up. But all of it was excellent!"