- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread, cut into 20 slices
- 3-1/2 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 2-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Pour butter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the bread slices. Layer with 2-1/2 cups peaches, 1/4 cup blueberries and remaining bread.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and salt; pour over bread. Arrange the remaining peaches and blueberries over top; cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place brown sugar and butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 1 to 1-1/2 minutes or until sugar is dissolved, stirring once. Add corn syrup and cream; cook 1 minute longer or until bubbly, stirring once.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup caramel over top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving; drizzle with remaining caramel. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Peach-Blueberry French Toast
Sort By :
Actually, we make this recipe often. It came from our Bed and Breakfast in Hannibal, Missouri. We were featured in the Country magazine in 2010 and this was one that Taste of Home publishers chose to feature. Thank you all for the compliments. We're glad you love it as much as we and our guests do!! Judy & Norm Reagan, Innkeepers
This is still my favorite french toast recipe!
This French Toast is very, very good. It's easy to make, the recipe as written is perfect. It's hard to leave it alone... :-) It's that good! I'm always on the lookout for good brunch recipes to serve to a large group of ladies for an annual Valentine's Day Brunch. This one is a keeper.
Really good! I substitute cinnamon for the nutmeg though.
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Blueberry Desserts >
- Blueberry Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Desserts >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >