Peach Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (rounded) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Sprinkle blueberries over top. Sprinkle with nutmeg; set aside.
- 2. For dumplings, combine first five ingredients in bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add cream or milk; stir until dough is mixed and moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over fruit mixture. Sprinkle nutmeg over dumplings.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 238 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Blueberry Cobbler
"Oh my Goodness!!! This is so yummy. I doubled the peaches and the ingredients to thicken the mixture and kept everything else as is. It was d'lish. I highly recommend this summer dessert."