Peach Blueberry Cobbler Recipe
- 2 cups fresh or frozen sliced peaches
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Ground nutmeg
- 1 cup (rounded) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream or evaporated milk
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a 1-1/2-qt. baking dish, combine peaches, sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Sprinkle blueberries over top. Sprinkle with nutmeg; set aside.
- 2. For dumplings, combine first five ingredients in bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture resembles cornmeal. Add cream or milk; stir until dough is mixed and moistened. Drop by tablespoonfuls over fruit mixture. Sprinkle nutmeg over dumplings.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 238 calories, 11g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Peach Blueberry Cobbler
"Oh my Goodness!!! This is so yummy. I doubled the peaches and the ingredients to thicken the mixture and kept everything else as is. It was d'lish. I highly recommend this summer dessert."