Peach Bliss Dessert
—Gail VanGundy, Parker, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 slices pound cake
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set peaches aside. Add enough water
- to juice to measure 1 cup.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and cinnamon. Stir in lemon
- juice and peach juice mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in almond extract and reserved peaches.
- Serve warm over pound cake. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 211 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 66 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.