Peach Blackberry Pavlovas Recipe
It's hard to decide whether it's the presentation or taste that makes this pretty dessert tops. Fresh berries rest on a pillow of homemade meringue for a finale that sums up why we love summer in one delicious bite.
- 6 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- 2 cups fresh blackberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons peach schnapps liqueur
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Additional fresh blackberries
- 1. Place egg whites in a small bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Add the vanilla, cream of tartar and salt; beat on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, on high until stiff peaks form.
- 2. Drop meringue into six mounds on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Shape into 3-1/2-in. cups with the back of a spoon. Bake at 225° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1-1/2 hours.
- 3. In a large saucepan, combine the peaches, blackberries, sugar and liqueur. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-4 minutes or until sugar is dissolved. In a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until stiff peaks form.
- 4. Spoon fruit mixture into meringue shells; top with whipped cream. Garnish with additional blackberries. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 419 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 113mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (79g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Peach Blackberry Pavlovas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC