Peach Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
"This is great for a large family group or church dinner during peach season. The rest of the year canned peaches are fine, but, of course, fresh is best. As we say, 'Jersey Fresh!'" -Marguerite Shaeffer of Sewell, New Jersey
- 12 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups fresh blackberries
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon coarse sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peaches, flour, honey, lemon juice and salt; let stand for 15 minutes. Fold in blackberries. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until crumbly. Make a well in the center; pour in buttermilk. Stir just until a soft dough forms. Drop by tablespoonfuls over fruit mixture; sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- 3. Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and a toothpick inserted in topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 263 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 286 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC