Peach Berry Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-3/4 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen peaches, thawed and drained
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, cornstarch, salt and nutmeg. Add fruit and vanilla; toss to mix. Let stand for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom pastry; add filling. Dot with butter. Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 450 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 363 mg sodium, 76 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Berry Pie
"This recipe has great possibilities but it was way too sweet. Also, the nutmeg was a bit overwhelming. If you reduced both of those and added a little cinnamon it would be nice."
"This is one of my favorite pies. The sour of the cranberries with the sweetness of the peaches and blueberries is outstanding."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.