- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) peach or apricot gelatin
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Additional sliced peaches, optional
- Drain peaches, reserving 2/3 cup juice. Chop peaches into small pieces; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in reserved syrup. Chill until slightly thickened. Stir extract into whipped topping; gently fold in gelatin mixture. Fold in peaches.
- Pour into an oiled 6-cup mold. Chill overnight. Unmold onto a serving platter; garnish with additional peaches if desired. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Peach Bavarian
"Made this for a B'day party & it turned out very pretty & great taste. Had this recipe "to try", since it appeared in the 10-11/93 pg.37 book, but had a different picture shown. I used additional CANNED peach slices, on the plate, around the mold & cut some of the slices, into smaller pieces for the top, with a half of maraschino cherry, placed between the small pieces of peaches. Very pretty! Loved the almond taste. Next time, think I will put this into small dessert glasses & serve as a light dessert. Thanks for the good recipe."
"A family favoite. Absolutely delicious!"
"While this has great peach flavor next time I will only use an 1/8 to 1/4 tsp of almond extract because it tends to overwhelm the peach. I will also omit the sugar because this was way too sweet for my family tastes."