- 2 cups sugar
- 4 cups chopped peeled fresh peaches or 1 pound frozen unsweetened sliced peaches
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups cold water
- 1-1/2 cups fresh lemon juice
- Additional cold water
- Ice cubes
- Club soda or Champagne
- Additional fresh basil leaves
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, peaches, basil and water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Remove from heat; let stand 30 minutes. Discard basil; stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cooled completely.
- Place peach mixture in a blender; cover and process until blended. Strain into a pitcher; add additional cold water to reach desired consistency. To serve, fill glasses with ice. Pour peach mixture halfway up glass; top with club soda or, if desired, champagne. Serve with additional basil. Yield: 12 servings (1 cup each).
Originally published as Peach-Basil Cooler in Modern Comfort 2016, pNF
Reviews for Peach-Basil Cooler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review