Peach Angel Dessert Recipe
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peach, apricot or orange gelatin powder
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- Cut angel food cake into nine slices. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish with the slices; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk.
- Set aside 1/3 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; spread over cake. Top with peaches. Pour gelatin mixture over peaches.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares. Top each piece with about 1 teaspoon of reserved whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
Reviews for Peach Angel Dessert
Sort By :
Made it with raspberries. I'm waiting until Colorado peaches are in season this summer to make it that way. I think my grown kids would love this with mandarin oranges since they love mandarin orage salad with cottage cheese and whipped cream and marshmallows. I served it at a meeting at my house and had requests for seconds!! YUM!!!
Made this for mothers day was a huge hit, everyone loved it will definitely make it again maybe with different fruit. Very easy to make would not change a thing!
This was a big hit with all our guests. So easy to make! Now I have to make it for all functions. Love it!
I loved this recipe! For the fruit I used sliced strawberries and blueberries. It looked so patriotic that I'll make it again for the 4th of July. The recipe was very easy and tasted like strawberry shortcake - only better and looked fancier. I'll make it again using other fruits and jello flavors too.
This dessert was FANTASTIC! I made it with strawberries and it was so easy. Hard to believe it's healthy. My family loved it and demanded I make it again. I recommend that you make a double batch because it will go quickly.
More Recipe Collections
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >