Peach Angel Dessert Recipe
This light and lovely dessert is absolutely heavenly! Marge Hubrich of St. Cloud, Minnesota suggests, "Try this with fresh strawberries, raspberries or blueberries, too, using the corresponding flavor of gelatin. It's delicious with any of them."
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:15 servings
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1/4 cup peach, apricot or orange gelatin powder
- 1 loaf-shaped angel food cake (10-1/2 ounces)
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 3 cups sliced peeled fresh or frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually whisk in water and corn syrup until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in gelatin until dissolved. Cool to room temperature, stirring several times.
- 2. Cut angel food cake into nine slices. Line an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish with the slices; set aside. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Gradually beat in milk.
- 3. Set aside 1/3 cup whipped topping for garnish. Fold remaining whipped topping into cream cheese mixture; spread over cake. Top with peaches. Pour gelatin mixture over peaches.
- 4. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares. Top each piece with about 1 teaspoon of reserved whipped topping. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 15 servings.
One piece equals 215 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 157 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC