Peach and Raspberry Clafouti Recipe
Clafouti is a custard-like dessert made with fresh fruit and batter in a baking dish. It is so wonderful to serve during the summer when the fruit is ripe.—Anne Castle Ellen Grinsfelder, Logan, Ohio
- 4 cups thickly sliced peeled peaches (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream or milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon tawny red port or sherry, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Raspberries, mint leaves to garnish
- 1. Layer peaches and raspberries in a shallow greased 5-cup baking dish; dot with butter.
- 2. In a food processor, cover and process almonds with flour until ground. Add cream, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, port, salt; blend, scraping sides as necessary.
- 3. Pour custard slowly over fruit. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes until top is golden and custard set. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Peach and Raspberry Clafouti
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC