- 4 cups thickly sliced peeled peaches (about 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream or half-and-half cream or milk
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon tawny red port or sherry, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Raspberries, mint leaves to garnish
- Layer peaches and raspberries in a shallow greased 5-cup baking dish; dot with butter.
- In a food processor, cover and process almonds with flour until ground. Add cream, 1/3 cup sugar, eggs, port, salt; blend, scraping sides as necessary.
- Pour custard slowly over fruit. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons sugar. Bake at 400° for 30-40 minutes until top is golden and custard set. Cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream. Garnish with raspberries and mint. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Peach and Raspberry Clafouti in Country December/January 1990, p15
Reviews for Peach and Raspberry Clafouti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review