Peach and Blueberry Casserole
This recipe uses fruits that are grown locally and available fresh at the same time of year. Try serving this "casserole" with vanilla ice cream it's mmm-good!
6-8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 6 cups sliced fresh or frozen peaches (about 6 large)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place peaches in a greased 2-qt. casserole. Top with blueberries.
- Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Set aside. In a medium bowl,
- combine flour, baking powder, salt and remaining sugar. Add egg and
- cut into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over
- fruit. Drizzle melted butter over all. Combine topping ingredients;
- sprinkle on top. Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Increase oven
- temperature to 400° and bake an additional 12-15 minutes or
- until lightly browned. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 279 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 279 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.