- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mace. Stir in sherry until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the peaches, blueberries, pecans, butter and lemon juice. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in milk and egg. Spoon over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Peach and Berry Bliss Cobbler
"Made this tonight, pretty much as written. I did add a little cinnamon and nutmeg to the flour mix. I used cooking sherry. I think I will leave out the pecans next time. Delicious cobbler that I plan to make a few more times!"
"Very good. Blueberries and peaches go great together. I omitted the mace, used water instead of sherry or apple juice, and omitted the pecans."
"Easy to put together. Took to a dinner get-together and it was a hit. Will make again."
"I've made this recipe seveal times and my family loves it! My husband prefers it without the nuts though. A word of warning--bake it for the full 30 minutes before testing the crust, and test it in several places before judging it done. I've had it come out underdone in some spots a few times."