This delightful cobbler smells so good in the oven, your mouth will be watering just from the aroma during baking. Believe me—there will be no leftovers! Serve it warm with cream or ice cream—my family's favorite. —Roni Goodell, Spanish Fork, Utah
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- 1/4 cup sherry or unsweetened apple juice
- 5 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- In a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and mace. Stir in sherry until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add the peaches, blueberries, pecans, butter and lemon juice. Pour into a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until coarse crumbs form. Stir in milk and egg. Spoon over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly and a toothpick inserted in the topping comes out clean. Serve warm. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Peach Cobbler in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p24
Reviews for Peach and Berry Bliss Cobbler
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review