Peach Almond Crisp Recipe
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- 1. In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and process until crumbly; set aside.
- 2. Place peaches in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray; drizzle with orange juice concentrate. Sprinkle with almond mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.