Peach Almond Crisp
“This is delectable with any stone fruit, but especially peaches. It makes eight servings, though six people will dispatch it faster than you can blink.” —Lillian Julow, Gainesville, Florida
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 8 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 3 tablespoons thawed orange juice concentrate
- Reduced-fat vanilla ice cream, optional
- In a food processor, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and
- process until crumbly; set aside.
- Place peaches in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking
- spray; drizzle with orange juice concentrate. Sprinkle with almond
- mixture. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until topping is
- golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream if desired. Yield: 8
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup (calculated without ice cream) equals 193 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 33 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 fruit, 1/2 starch.