Peach Almond Bars Recipe
From Justine Furman-Olshan in Willow Street, Pennsylvania: "These delicious, crisp and nutty treats have been a favorite with our family for years—and they’re so pretty! When my dad retired, he took over all the baking in our home. He’d make these and say, ‘Put on a pot of coffee; let’s invite company!’ What an effortless way to recall what’s most important in life: family and friends."
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 jar (18 ounces) peach preserves
- 1-1/2 cups slivered almonds, divided
- 4 egg whites
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Let dough stand at room temperature 5-10 minutes to soften. Press into an ungreased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. Spread preserves over crust. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup almonds. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 3. Spread meringue evenly over almonds. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 196 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Peach Almond Bars
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC