Peach & Sausage Breakfast Squares Recipe
The ingredients may sound unusual, but this breakfast bake is delicious! Sausage, sweet peaches and pancake mix come together for a complete meal in one. —Judith Bowden, Sanford, North Carolina
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and halved lengthwise
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving juice; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in 1/2 cup reserved peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in syrup and butter; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Combine the remaining juice and enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, egg, oil and juice mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange sausages and peaches over the top.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm with peach syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece equals 511 calories, 21 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 74 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 9 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC