- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (7 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and halved lengthwise
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in 1/2 cup reserved peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in syrup and butter; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining juice and enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, egg, oil and juice mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange sausages and peaches over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm with peach syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Peach & Sausage Breakfast Squares
"My husband participates in a "men's Bible study breakfast" weekly, where the responsibility rotates among the men in the group for providing the meal. I love TOH's breakfast casseroles for this, as we can whip them up either the night before, or morning of and the men are so appreciative. This recipe is fast, gets recipe requests, and is a great way to use canned peaches. I do cheat though, as I do not take the time to make the peach syrup, but use real maple syrup instead. I know, I know, the peach syrup would make it even better, but by skipping that step my young daughter or husband can whip this up quickly. One of my daughters favorites, and this recipe does make a frequent appearance because of how simple it is to prepare."
"Not amazing but it was good and very easy. I will probably make it again."
"Family really enjoyed. Will definitely make again."
"Simple and tasty my daughter loved it!"
"My husband does not like peaches, so I made this with canned pears. It was very good."