Peach & Sausage Breakfast Squares Recipe
The ingredients may sound unusual, but this breakfast bake is delicious! Sausage, sweet peaches and pancake mix come together for a complete meal in one. —Judith Bowden, Sanford, North Carolina
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package (7 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage links, halved lengthwise
- Drain peaches, reserving juice; set aside. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; stir in 1/2 cup reserved peach juice until smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in syrup and butter; set aside and keep warm.
- Combine the remaining juice and enough water to measure 1 cup. In a small bowl, combine the pancake mix, egg, oil and juice mixture. Pour into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Arrange sausages and peaches over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into squares; serve warm with peach syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Peach & Sausage Breakfast Squares in Simple & Delicious August/September 2010, p20
Reviews for Peach & Sausage Breakfast Squares(4)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 19, 2011
Not amazing but it was good and very easy. I will probably make it again.
Reviewed Dec. 26, 2010
Family really enjoyed. Will definitely make again.
Reviewed Nov. 6, 2010
Simple and tasty my daughter loved it!
Reviewed Aug. 18, 2010
My husband does not like peaches, so I made this with canned pears. It was very good.