VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 medium lemons, halved and seeded
- 2 teaspoons plus 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 6 cups spring mix salad greens
- 3 cups torn pea shoots or watercress
- 1/2 cup sliced radishes
- 1-1/4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Rub lemons with 2 teaspoons oil; place in a greased 9-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the salad greens, pea shoots and radishes.
- Cool lemons slightly. Squeeze juice into a small bowl. Finely grate 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel; add to the bowl. Whisk in the sugar, mustard, salt, pepper and remaining oil. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pea Shoot Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p204