Pea Pods with Onion
This simple side from Heather Sauter of Silver Spring, Maryland is a welcome alternative to green beans, and the pea pods look so pretty tossed with chopped onion. "This dish is a snap to make and tastes like a million bucks," Heather assures.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 pound fresh pea pods
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the pea pods and water in a microwave-safe bowl; cover and cook
- on high for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small
- skillet, cook onion in 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat until
- Drain peas; add to onion mixture. Add salt, pepper and remaining
- butter; toss to coat. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 2