We grow pea pods, and I wanted to use them in something other than stir-fries...this fit the bill! I've carried it to church potlucks and received compliments on its pretty orange glaze and fresh taste. -Josie Smith of Winamac, Indiana
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place carrots in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas. Cover and simmer 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the soy sauce, orange peel and salt. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pea Pod Carrot Medley in Light & Tasty December/January 2004, p37
Reviews for Pea Pod Carrot Medley
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review