- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 2 cups fresh sugar snap peas
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- Place carrots in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the peas. Cover and simmer 2-4 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Drain; set aside and keep warm.
- In the same saucepan, whisk the cornstarch and orange juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the soy sauce, orange peel and salt. Pour over vegetables; toss to coat. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forPea Pod Carrot Medley
"This was GREAT!! I didn't have any orange juice, so I used mango juice and I served it with black bean burgers. Terrific!"