- 1 cup peas (if frozen, thaw first)
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices of toasted bread
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs (large)
- In a food processor, combine basil, peas, garlic, salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil. Process until smooth and blended.
- Toast bread in oven (350 degrees F) or toaster for about 3-4 minutes.
- In a small non-stick saute pan, over medium heat, break Eggland?s Best egg onto surface, carefully.
- Fry until transparent membrane turns to white, and yolk is cooked.
- Remove and repeat for each egg.
- Spread about one tablespoon of pesto atop each piece of toast.
- Gently lay each egg atop the pesto.
- Sprinkle with extra salt, pepper, and extra virgin olive oil (optional). Yield: 4 servings
Originally published as Pea Pesto Open-Faced Sandwiches in Eggland's Best 2015
Reviews for Pea Pesto Open-Faced Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review