Pea 'n' Peanut Salad Recipe
Even people who don’t like peas love this crunchy recipe, including my own children. I love the fact that it‘s so easy and makes a refreshing alternative to more traditional salads. A friend gave me the recipe years ago and I’ve been making it ever since. --Laurinda Nelson, Phoenix, Arizona
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the peas, peanuts, celery, bacon and onion. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise and Italian dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 466 calories, 40 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 762 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC