- 2-1/2 cups frozen peas (about 10 ounces), thawed
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 6 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared zesty Italian salad dressing
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and salad dressing; stir into salad. Refrigerate, covered, until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pea 'n' Peanut Salad
"I love peas so trying this was a no brainer. I am glad I did. Very flavorful, easy and as others mentioned-make sure you have the recipe on hand because people will be asking for it."
"Good. Let it sit awhile before serving to myldsmail the flavors. Will make for fourth of July when I serve several salads. Unique."
"This only gets 5 stars from me when made right -- LEAVE THE PEAS FROZEN TO SERVE! I get rock star reviews everywhere I take it! My dressing is a little different (no onions or bacon, a few different proportions, etc), but the dressing is inconsequential. The shock and awe is the frozen peas! Kick it up a mile and try it this way. Your guests will love you! Remember to bring copies of the recipe! You won't have any left when the meal is over, guaranteed."
"I had a salad like this at a potluck years ago and have been looking for a similar recipe ever since. This is fabulous though I may add less mayo next time."
"Wow! What a fun & unexpected salad! I did substitute vidalia onion vinaigrette for the Italian dressing because that's all I had on hand. It still tasted great & I will be making this often. Great summertime dish."