Pea 'n' Mushroom Medley Recipe
“This side dish is such a snap to throw together,” writes Laurie LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas. Fresh mushrooms and bacon jazz up frozen peas with ease. “It’s pretty and impressive enough for company, so I make it often.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and red pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- 2. Stir in the peas, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 291 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC