“This side dish is such a snap to throw together,” writes Laurie LaClair of North Richland Hills, Texas. Fresh mushrooms and bacon jazz up frozen peas with ease. “It’s pretty and impressive enough for company, so I make it often.”
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Stir in the mushrooms, onion and red pepper. Saute for 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the peas, pepper and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Pea 'n' Mushroom Medley in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p29