Pea 'n' Crab Pasta Salad Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the spinach, peas and crab. Drain pasta and rinse in cold water. Stir into spinach mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
1 cup: 198 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 310mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 10g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Pea 'n' Crab Pasta Salad
"My daughter loved to make this recipe over and over when she was a teenager and was trying her hand at learning to cook for our family of 5. Not only did she give me some needed breaks after a day's work, but the salad is quite tasty and indeed very quickly assembled--It originally came from "Quick Cooking", previously a sister magazine of "Taste of Home". As the reviewer below indicated, other ingredients can be added to suit the preferences of other folks. I have gotten a bit tired of the same old Italian dressing, so I choose other types when I make it--many variations of vinaigrette dressings have hit the market in the past 10 years and provide more interesting flavor combinations, IMO."
"You could also add cooked salmon flavored to your taste and thin sliced black olives, also bell or roasted red peppers, rinsed chick peas,shelled edamame, diced celery and maybe some flavored croutons just before serving for some additional flavors."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.