Pea 'n' Crab Pasta Salad
This pretty pasta salad is jazzed up with crabmeat, spinach and peas. With crumbled feta and just the right amount of Italian dressing, it makes a hearty side dish or a satisfying main course served with bread alongside. -Test Kitchen
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups imitation crabmeat
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- bowl, combine the spinach, peas and crab. Drain pasta and rinse in
- cold water. Stir into spinach mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (prepared with fat-free salad dressing) equals 198 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 310 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.