Pea 'n' Cheese Salad Recipe
Radish slices add color and crunch to this fresh-tasting potluck favorite from Inez Orsburn of Demotte, Indiana. "I usually serve it in a bowl lined with romaine leaves, then garnish it with radish roses."
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish and seasonings. Stir into pea mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
3/4 cup: 285 calories, 23g fat (6g saturated fat), 64mg cholesterol, 479mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Pea 'n' Cheese Salad
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2010
"Hi again:I forgot to mention that I prepare the ingredients ahead of time and mix them at the last minute before I bring the bowl to church. I image that it is a popular dish as the ladies in charge of the lunch always ask me to make a salad...Dolores"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC