Pea 'n' Cheese Salad
Radish slices add color and crunch to this fresh-tasting potluck favorite from Inez Orsburn of Demotte, Indiana. "I usually serve it in a bowl lined with romaine leaves, then garnish it with radish roses."
8-10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl,
- combine the mayonnaise, relish and seasonings. Stir into pea
- mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 285 calories, 23 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 479 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.