Radish slices add color and crunch to this fresh-tasting potluck favorite from Inez Orsburn of Demotte, Indiana. "I usually serve it in a bowl lined with romaine leaves, then garnish it with radish roses."
Recommended: 37 Light Pasta Recipes with Big Flavor
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen peas, thawed
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes or 1 jar (2 ounces) pimientos, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, relish and seasonings. Stir into pea mixture. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Pea 'n' Cheese Salad in Quick Cooking May/June 2000, p21
Reviews for Pea 'n' Cheese Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 4, 2010
"Hi again:I forgot to mention that I prepare the ingredients ahead of time and mix them at the last minute before I bring the bowl to church. I image that it is a popular dish as the ladies in charge of the lunch always ask me to make a salad...Dolores"