PBJ-Stuffed French Toast Recipe
“I used some of my favorite foods to create this…and now it's become a favorite recipe to serve drop-in friends. They love it!” Ruth Ann Bott - Lake Wales, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- 2. In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (calculated without syrup) equals 465 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC