PBJ-Stuffed French Toast
“I used some of my favorite foods to create this…and now it's become a favorite recipe to serve drop-in friends. They love it!”
Ruth Ann Bott - Lake Wales, Florida
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on
- two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a
- shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes
- on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without syrup) equals 465 calories, 23 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 238 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.