“I used some of my favorite foods to create this…and now it's become a favorite recipe to serve drop-in friends. They love it!” Ruth Ann Bott - Lake Wales, Florida
Featured In: 13 Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as PBJ-Stuffed French Toast in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p37
Reviews for PBJ-Stuffed French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review