- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 4 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons red raspberry preserves
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon evaporated milk
- Maple syrup, optional
- In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and peanut butter. Spread on two slices of bread; top with preserves and remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture.
- In a greased large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with syrup if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as PBJ-Stuffed French Toast in Simple & Delicious January/February 2009, p37
Reviews for PBJ-Stuffed French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 30, 2010
I picked this recipe because it seemed so kid friendly, but I think if I make it again I will just use plain white bread so it's easier for the kids to eat. The french bread was too think for the kids to get their mouths around.
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- French Toast Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Peanut Butter Recipes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Raspberry Recipes >
- Simple Breakfast Recipes >