My grandpa made an awesome breakfast for us grandkids: French toast that started on the griddle as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.—Lindsey Folsom, Dorsey, IL
Featured In: 13 Peanut Butter and Jelly Recipes
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup grape jelly or jelly of your choice
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Sliced fresh strawberries and chopped salted peanuts, optional
- Confectioners' sugar or maple syrup
- Spread peanut butter and jelly over four slices of bread. Top with remaining bread. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk until blended.
- On a griddle, melt butter over medium heat. Dip both sides of sandwiches in egg mixture. Place on griddle; toast 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. If desired, top with strawberries and peanuts. Dust with confectioners' sugar or serve with syrup. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as PB&J French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2015, p44
Reviews for PB&J French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review