Big and little kids alike will love these four-ingredient bars that offer a cookie crust, a layer of jam and a crunchy peanut butter and granola topping. "The delicious treats are also great for picnics or for packing into bag lunches," promises Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, divided
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Press two-thirds of the cookie dough into prepared pan. Spread jam over dough to within 1/4 in. of edges. In a bowl, mix the granola, peanut butter chips and remaining dough until blended; crumble over jam.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as PB&J Bars in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p33
Reviews for PB&J Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review