Big and little kids alike will love these four-ingredient bars that offer a cookie crust, a layer of jam and a crunchy peanut butter and granola topping. "The delicious treats are also great for picnics or for packing into bag lunches," promises Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland
- 1 package (18 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough, divided
- 2/3 cup strawberry jam
- 3/4 cup granola cereal without raisins
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Line a 9-in. square baking pan with foil and grease the foil. Press two-thirds of the cookie dough into prepared pan. Spread jam over dough to within 1/4 in. of edges. In a bowl, mix the granola, peanut butter chips and remaining dough until blended; crumble over jam.
- Bake at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Using foil, lift out of pan. Discard foil; cut into bars. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as PB&J Bars in Quick Cooking September/October 2003, p33
Reviews for PB&J Bars
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 7, 2009
"I used crumbled peanut butter granola bars that I had on hand in place of the granola. Turned out great. I like these better than most brownies!"